People in Need (PIN) is the Czech Republic based NGO working in relief and development sectors. See more at www.peopleineed.cz. In early August 2014 PIN opened humanitarian response in Eastern Ukraine and the program is rapidly expanding. Focus is given on the assistance to the IDPs, returnees and population living in the contested areas in the sectors of food security, WASH, Shelter and NFIs, Livelihoods, protection. PIN is currently looking for experienced and inspired Logistics Coordinator (based in Slaviansk).
Objective of position: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for effective delivery of logistical support to the mission to achieve timely and quality service to programs and beneficiaries of the People in Need (PIN) Ukraine mission. The Logistics Coordinator oversees and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to logistical planning and budgeting, passenger transportation, office and guesthouse administration, and related financial and contract management. S/he works closely with warehouse management and material transportation personnel to develop joint approaches and solutions. S/he promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
Overview of Main Tasks
Fleet and passenger transport coordination:
- Supervise timely and tailor-made passenger transport services for PIN staff and guests, including office vehicles, taxi service, train tickets, flight tickets, etc. as appropriate.
- Design appropriate templates/registers and oversee accuracy and eligibility of relevant files and documents regarding booking of vehicles, use of vehicles, personnel movement, fuel consumption, driver logbooks, travel approvals, advances and reimbursements, contractual payments, etc.
- Oversee and ensure presence of all necessary documentation and equipment related to vehicles/drivers, such as registration documents, insurance, license plates, standardized visibility, contact lists, support letters, waybills, emergency contacts, IDs, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, radios (if applicable), etc.
- Facilitate adequate and cost-efficient rental and/or purchase of vehicles and their maintenance.
- Ensure proper management of all assets documents and information.
- Conduct regular assets inventory, communicate findings, implement all mitigation measures to ensure assets security.
- Ensure assets labeling, presence and functionality of assets database, tracking of assets movement, disposal, donation, theft/loss, write-off and adherence to relevant procedures.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of assets information and documentation in enterprise information management system (ELO) and accounting system Navision.
Administration of offices and guesthouses:
- Oversee management and preparation of relevant documents regarding office and guesthouse rent, utilities (water, gas, electricity, sewage, garbage, etc.), keys, running costs, cleaning, maintenance, contracts, amendments, payments as per PIN rules and guidelines.
- In consultation with the security department, find safe and cost-efficient solutions for office and accommodation arrangements, including provision of first aid kits, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, locks, keys, gate and parking lot security, etc.
- Oversee coordination of personnel movement and efficient settlement of employees/guests, including accommodation provision, assistance with lost/damaged luggage, and explanation of rules/procedures.
- Facilitate cost-efficient and accountable purchase and distribution of office and guesthouse stationary and consumable supplies, cell phone sim-cards and credit cards. Register and monitor monthly use and provide relevant reports.
- Plan, budget and coordinate visibility materials across the mission. Facilitate relevant and timely purchases of stickers, t-shirts, notebooks, flags, etc.
Budgeting, financial and contract management:
- Plan, estimate, draft, manage and control all relevant logistics related budgets. Provide expenditure forecasts, past spending reports and related analysis across all logistical operations.
- In consultation with programs, facilitate adequate budgeting and relevant revisions of logistical costs in program budgets.
- Monitor all related contracts, spending, transactions, supporting documentation and provide clearances and approvals, as appropriate.
Personnel coordination, capacity building, process improvement and knowledge sharing:
- Supervise and appraise all above logistical functions, distribute roles, develop job descriptions, delegate work, develop people competencies, maintain team spirit, guide and mentor logistics and other relevant mission personnel acting as a point of referral and supporting them with logistics related analysis and queries, advise on processes and documentation. Ensure high efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree, as a minimum, in Logistics, Business Administration, Law, Economics, Finance, or a related discipline.
• 3+ years work experience in managing logistics and supply chain - preferably in delivering humanitarian and/or development aid.
• Comprehensive understanding of contractual terms and the ability to write, modify (as circumstances demand), obtain clearances, and negotiate contracts.
• Demonstrated experience in stock handling, logistical service sourcing, logistical modeling/analysis, process analysis/improvement, transport sourcing, routing and billing, taxes and tariffs, customs clearances and regulations, classification and pricing, vendor negotiations.
• Proven experience in budgeting, financial analysis, and budget controls.
• Fluency in verbal and written English and Russian languages required.
• Demonstrated skills in using a computer, MS Office software, and web-based information system. Strong ability to learn new software quickly.
• Strong ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning, manage strategic and tactical issues to effectively meet
• High degree of accountability, ethics, integrity, and professional responsibility.
Please send your CV in English and motivation letter until 10.11.2016. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.