The jobholder has the responsibility to identify the Viability and Feasibility of the desirable concepts delivered by the MLT/Design Team. It is about developing and implementing the packaging specifications to deliver the desirable KQA’s, once the PMR has approved the NPR. All in line with the Mars quality standard and external legal framework. Able to handle 2-4 high profile projects at the same time.
- To ensure the packaging solution delivers to business model as part of segment strategy.
- Developing, approving and implementing packaging specifications via robust risk management and delivery of shopper, customer and supply chain requirements.
- To proactively ascertain functional requirements of the pack, through its life cycle (from factory to bin).
- To provide input and be guardian of relevant packaging key business data (e.g. Pack KQA, Project plans, AB, ER and POR inputs)
- To stay informed of technological, innovation trends, especially in our segment, competition set, trade customers, packaging supplier /equipment suppliers and be able to match & apply to development project.
- To identify Intellectual Property risks & opportunities derived from projects proactively.
- To be effective in project and risk management and lead/influence business on complex projects independently
- To understand trade requirements, and on-shelf/off-shelf impact
- Graduate in Packaging Technology/engineering or similar technical education
- Minimum 1 to 2 years professional experience in quality, research and development or similar
- Knowledge / Experience
- Sound knowledge in Packaging Materials and machine interaction
- Risk-Assessment and Management in line with supply chain process
- Able to set priorities and demonstrate project management skills
- Understanding of technical documentation, e.g. drawings, construction and specifications
- Affinity to computer based systems: Veritas, SAP, MS Office and others
- Communication Skills – Fluent in English language, verbal and written