DevOps Engineer - Remote
We provide content and product ranking SaaS hosted on the Amazon Web Services to big-box retailers and enterprise e-commerce customers. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for automating and tooling Jetlore’s release processes and ensuring our production environment is robust and fault tolerant. Our platform is a multi-tenant architecture with a distributed management and control plane. We develop our services in Scala, and leverage open source and cloud service provider services where possible.
Named by Gartner as a Cool Vendor for 2016, we are growing 40% quarter over quarter and look for bold people who can win as a team
- Work closely with the software development team to provide a robust, flexible, and scalable platform and ensure the platform is optimized for performance and reliability
- Maintain and enhance core or shared components of the platform as well as internal tools
- Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability, and adaptability of infrastructure
- Ensure processes adapt and evolve to reflect current and future best practices
- Deploy and maintain system automation technologies to streamline operations
- Manage incident response protocol and provide hands-on quarterbacking during major service interruptions
- Work with infrastructure engineering teams to maintain and update network topology and connectivity of application environments that span the cloud, traditional data centers, and local development environments
- Consult with engineering teams to understand and forecast their infrastructure needs, how best to optimize their infrastructure usage, and how best to scale over time.
- Own the continuous integration pipeline that gets code to production.
- Architect a solution for disaster recovery for our internal tools space that allows for continued business operations in the event of major provider outages.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of live services and utilize logs and analytics to perform trend analysis and identify potential bottlenecks in performance, reliability, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Amazon EC2 experience
- 3+ years Linux Server system administration experience in a large-scale, high-traffic, redundant, cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environment at a Public Cloud provider
- Knowledgeable of operational practices including DevOps and agile
- Familiar with modern web infrastructure technologies, virtualization, clustering, load-balancing and content delivery networks
- Implemented and/or maintained system automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Experience with virtualization software (Docker, Xen, VMware, etc)
- Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewall, load-balancing, etc.)
- Scripting ability (Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience in continuous integration systems and methodologies
- Familiarity with Zookeeper, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Postgresql, Redis, MongoDB