Primary duties & responsibilities
- Possesses supervisory/lead responsibility over a group of technical staff on very large projects.
- Further responsibilities include the liaison with the engineering firm for the project, and preparation of executive reports, initiation of progress reporting systems and interfacing with client representatives.
- Provides constructability to engineering.
- Observes site conditions in order to call for any necessary design changes.
- Checks levels and positions of existing structures and pipelines shown in the contract and reports discrepancies to the project's Registered Engineer.
- Designs such works as may be delegated to him by the Registered Engineer.
- Acts as the channel of communications with the Contractor on all maters relevant to the satisfactory completion of the works under the contract.
- Supervises the works to ensure that they carried out in accordance with the contract.
- Supervises in general the methods adopted by the Contractor for the execution of the works undertaken by him in order to ensure the satisfactory execution.
- Checks that all notices and way leaves are arranged in a timely manner.
- Ensures that there is no delay in providing the Contractor with full information required for the ordering of to-date record drawings are produced.
- Ensures that progress photographs are taken and maintained.
- Maintains careful notes of all disputes arising out of the interpretation of the contract so that, if necessary, the form of contract and specification can be amended for similar future works.
- Assures implementation of the company's Safety Policy.
- Notifies the Contractor and others of any hazardous situations.
- Typical requirements include an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Construction Management and a minimum of 10 years experience, with average experience of 20 years.
- A minimum of five to ten years experience in corresponding domain.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
- Must posses’ strong written and verbal communication skill, highly motivated and self educating.
- The ability to interpret plans and specification and make educated quality control related decisions about the acceptability of in-place work is critical.
- Work on a shift basis 30/30
- All travel expenses are paid for by the employer
- Accommodation, food are provided by the employer
- Competitve salary