- Application: Resume in English (not exceed ONE page); 1 Recommendation letter (not exceed ONE); Cover Letter (not exceed ONE page; to explain relevancy of qualifications and interest level to the desired requirements)
- Important: Knowledge of English (proficiency), Russian (Proficiency); Kazakh (proficiency-Fluency)
- Important: candidates and documents which do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
- Higher education. Preferably with the English as the main language of instruction.
- Bachelor`s, Specialist`s or Master`s degree in a relative field.
- Law on Status of the Nazarbayev University, Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools, Nazarbayev Endowment Fund and other regulations directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- For a Bachelor`s or a Specialist`s degree holder -at least 7 years of work experience that is either directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or was accumulated in the context of national and/or international companies. Alternatively, the incumbent must have at least 3 years of work experience at Nazarbayev University;
- For a Master`s degree holder - at least 5 years of work experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Comprehensive applied knowledge and expertise in all areas related to Department`s activities;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Skills in examining and re-designing operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities;
- Ability to plan, develop and administer integrated programs within a public or educational institution environment;
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop solutions;
- Ability to cooperate effectively with people of different ethnic and cultural background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides input for the building partnership between NU, Alumni and wider communities as a tool to achieve the strategic goals of the NU Alumni Association;
- Is responsible for the establishment, launch and the administration of the NU Alumni Association;
- Serves as a Focal Point for all NU Alumni related matters for University leadership, employees and students;
- Provides active Alumni engagement to all programs developed and implemented by the Department;
- Maintains cooperative relationship with NU Alumni to develop partnering opportunities to support the Department's activities;
- Is responsible for planning, implementation, supervision of the Peer Mentorship Program in the framework of the NU Alumni Association;
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of other programs and projects engaging students and alumni;
- Provides practical training and assistance in basic job search techniques (e.g., résumé and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills, etc.);
- Provides input, development and supervises the implementation of all operating policies, practices, and procedures;
- Is responsible for the planning, implementation, supervision, reporting and implementation of the budget;
- Provides analytical and statistical reports within the specified functional area;
- Collects information within the specified functional area and provides input for the monthly newsletter and social media update;
- Is responsible for the Social Media and website maintenance within the specified functional area;
- Other duties assigned by Director as deemed appropriate.
- Adherence to the existing labor discipline;
- Adherence to existing health and labor safety standards and regulations;
- Adherence to the requirements of the confidentiality and protection of valuable data;
- Adherence to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and internal regulations of the Nazarbayev University.
Rights and entitlements:
- Request verbally or in written form from the relevant structural units of the University materials, documents, data and information required to perform the tasks assigned;
- Review materials, documents, data and information required to perform his/her duties and assigned tasks;
- Refuse to sign and agree with internal order and normative documents in case of non-compliance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and/or internal regulations of the University.
- Address suggestions and recommendations with regard to the issues related to the Department`s activities to the Director and University leadership.
- Make decisions with regard to the issues within his/her assigned specified functional area;
- Receive information about the activities of the University, decisions of the University leadership and other directive documents;
- Request execution of the University obligations as specified in his/her employment contract;
- Participate in various trainings, retraining, advanced training programs, research conferences and seminars provided by the University;
- Local and International Business trips provided by the University;
- Exercise any other rights in compliance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and internal regulations of the University.
Reports to: Director of the Department of NU Career and Advising Center
Астана, проспект Кабанбай батыра, 53Показать на карте
Полная занятость, полный день