Position name: Tax specialist
Reporting line: Tax Manager Russia
Under the direction of Tax Manager perform general review of tax compliance and reporting in Cargill's Russian companies. Communicate with finance function and BUs' representatives regarding tax issues. Provide solutions for improvement of tax compliance procedures. Review and analyze effectiveness of methods and approaches to tax compliance. Handling low/medium scale questions on rules and implications of Russian tax legislation on activities of Russian and foreign legal entities.
- Drive the compliance procedures for intercompany recharges, communicate with BUs, functions and external advisors in the course of preparation of the local support documentation.
- Assist in resolving tax audit type of issues and tax litigation-related issues
- Tax planning and day-to-day consulting on various tax-related issues, review of deals/contracts
- Review local tax compliance procedures and policies
- Research and advice with respect to acquisitions, dispositions, integration and consolidation of Russian companies
- Monitor legislation changes, advise and prepare updates for businesses on tax procedures, tax law amendments and general presentations to share tax-related knowledge
- Higher education tax, law or accounting.
- At least 3 years experience in the tax-related or finance-related areas (e.g. audit, tax accounting, tax consulting).
- At least a year experience of work in or with large multinationals.
- Solid knowledge of Russian tax legislation and Russian accounting principles.
- Understanding of international tax treaties and OECD tax principles.
- Fluent English, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, ability to work with informational legal databases.
- Stress tolerance, ability to work in team, high ethical standards.
- Keen sense of responsibility and proactive approach
- Experience in doing audits or related type of work, e.g. due diligence.
- Experience in tax in-house role
- Experience in representing taxpayer’s interest externally
Note: fix-term contract position (up to 2 yrs)