The Beetroot family is growing. Maybe you’re our next member?
This time, we’re looking for a skilled Full-stack developer, who will join our new client’s team on full time basis. You will have opportunity to work with a team of highly skilled developers, designers and technologists. Our client is a creative agency, located in New York City, NY, USA that works with well-heeled, design-minded clients, specialized in hospitality, fashion, arts, entertainment, consumer products, events, residential and finance. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong communication skills, solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines under stringent time constraints, and is efficient and attentive to detail.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
Examples of tasks and responsibilities
- You will be involved in projects from the earliest concept phase all the way through deployment
- Assist with definition, planning, and architecture of complex web and mobile solutions
- Explain the technical trade-offs of different approaches, including time estimates
- Write elegant and maintainable code
- Build websites with an in-depth understanding of navigation and SEO, typography, spatial orientation, image handling and manipulation, and basic design elements
- Work well with our team
Relevant experience and abilities
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced PHP Skills
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress architecture, plugins and theming best practices
- Advanced experience with LESS or Sass
- Experience with Responsive development (Bootstrap or Foundation) and vector graphics (SVG)
- Proficiency at local environment development (Gulp, Grunt, NPM, bower)
- Business proficiency in English - written & spoken
Bonus if you have
- Experience in mentoring or leading a team
- MVW (MVVM, MVC)
- You love borsch!
Who are you?
Let’s get one thing out of the way: we value awesome people. Meaning, you always try to be the most caring, professional and progressive version of yourself.
Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach and improvement drive are what will make the difference. We hope you’re a “team person”, that you take responsibility for your work, pragmatically solve problems, and that you’re a highly motivated individual overall. You’re self-going, well organized, efficient and with a very good sense of priorities.
What we offer
- Work in a friendly, truly open minded team with family alike environment
- Cozy, comfortable and well equipped office
- Minimal hierarchy and direct communication with interesting international clients
- Personal development and professional growth
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and social benefits
- Team building activities (Beetroot breakfasts, movie nights, trips, parties and more)
- Free English lessons
- Discounts on Beetroot Academy courses for our employees and their family members
Beetroot is an IT-resource firm with its roots in Sweden and offices in Odessa, Poltava, Kiev and Stockholm. We are focused on matching developers and designers from Ukraine with European and American emerging IT companies and successful start-ups. We have an informal atmosphere based on equality, personal responsibility and trust. Our team is engaged, dynamic and constantly growing. Beetroot currently engages 100+ specialists.
If you think you could be the right person, please send your CV in English and a short intro about yourself to us. Interviews and candidate evaluations will be hold in the nearest future.