Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Engineer (Travel Project) for our Kharkiv office to make the team even stronger.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
With multiple prestigious industry awards, our customer’s Travel Distribution Platform (TDP) is a proven distribution and merchandising platform with advanced travel retailing capabilities that process over 60 million bookings each year. TDP’s innovative functionality enables revolutionary shopping and reservations capabilities such as branded fares with ancillary attributes, calendar shopping, unbundling of fares, a-la-carte pricing and e-interlining with partner airlines. TDP has a highly scalable and flexible Services Orientated Architecture (SOA), which promotes interoperability with multiple host CRS and GDS systems. Our customer has integrated with over 20 airline CRSs worldwide and all major GDSs.
The candidate is expected to join the big cross-location ODC to work on customization of TDP for particular airline companies.
Project technologies and tools
- SOAP Web Services;
- Oracle SQL;
- Apache http server;
- Deep knowledge of and 3+ years of practical experience in Java and J2EE;
- Strong experience in design and development of Soap web services;
- Knowledge of SOA approaches, experience in working with highly-modularized environments;
- Wide experience in Soap-related tooling (SoapUI, XMLSpy, etc.);
- Experience in working with huge code base and multiple distributed teams;
- Hands-on experience in working with Oracle DB and writing database-specific queries;
- Experience in covering code with unit tests, integration tests;
- Experience in clarifying requirements and direct communications with stakeholders;
- Experience in conducting different types of Code Review (peer-to-peer, on-demand, centralized, etc.);
- Strong analytical skills with a particular attention to detail;
- Good spoken and written English.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);